Ingredients for “Borscht with beef”:
- beef on bone – 500 g (17.5 oz);
- refined sunflower oil – 3 tbsp;
- potatoes – 2 psc;
- tomatoes – 1 psc;
- bubl onion – 2 psc;
- hot pepper – 0.5 psc;
- carrot – 1 psc;
- sugar – 1 tsp;
- bell peppers (red, green or yellow) – 1 psc;
- tomato paste – 1 tbsp;
- beetroot – 1 psc;
- clove of garlic;
- green head cabbage – 200 g (8 oz);
- spices to taste;
- bay leaf – 3 psc;
- salt to taste
How it’s prepared? Way to brine borscht:
For the preparation of borscht we need a 3-liter pot and the following products: beef meat, it is better on the bone of course, green head cabbage, bubl onion (usually one bulb is needed for roasting, and the other is put right into the broth), bell pepper, beetroot, potatoes (only 2 pieces), hot pepper, carrots, sunflower oil, spices, tomato paste (the taste of borsch depends on it), garlic (1-2 cloves, depending on the size), fresh tomato (beautifully, when pieces of a tomato come into the borsch portion), sugar, salt.
- Meat pour cold water, put on fire, bring to a boil and drain this water. Products rinse and pour with clean water, bring to a boil again, remove the formed foam and cook under the lid.
- Beetroot clean and cut into thin strips, not thicker than matches. Cut the bubl onions as small as possible.
- Immediately send a small portion of the bubl onion to the broth. Let the broth brewed on a small fire, under a slightly opened lid. The longer the better. Usually beef brewed 2-2.5 hours. Salt the broth. You can add a bay leaf.